Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Day 13

I promised you love poems

I promised you love poems
And I gave metaphors about dying wolves

I promised you an epoch in which your eyes catch the sunlight
Instead I could only remember the shape of the burning planet

You deserve pages about your smile and the way it melts ice
The way the moon rises a littler earlier each day just to see it
The way the tides rise and the seas part to see a flicker of joy on your face.

I'm sorry that right now the only rhyme I can manage is "doom" and "gloom"
The only smile I can think of is my own, and the work I have to do to find it again
My road to healing is long and winding,
I'm glad to have you walk it along side of me but I'm sorry
I promised you love poems

--for E (you know who you are)

No comments:

Post a Comment