Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Napowrimo day 11: body as a nation

**sorry! Day 10 coming soon!**

"Are we a nation of states/ what's the state of our nation?" -Lin Manuel Miranda
"I contain multitudes"-Walt Whitman

"The Body as Nation State"

My brain would like to think of my body as a dictatorship but my brain also believed in Santa Claus until I was 10.
Despite being a Jewish athiest.
The heart, in her steady way would tell you that it's a pure democracy.
She always was a romantic.
My vagina would paint you a polarized republic,
her against the brain in a never-ending battle for justice.
She might be move convincing as a hero if she didn't love being bad so desperately.
My feet consider themselves an overworked proletariat and they will rally in protests if they feel they have been grossly overword.

Whatever the power structure internally,
I can assure you,
Strange man on the street,
That you have no place in it.
You have no power over whether I wear that short skirt
And I do not owe you any time to respond to your misconstrued attempt at seduction.
My body is dept free and the factory setting fo not have an
"Obbligation to men who I've never met who call me baby" setting
The truth of my body is that no matter whether I'm making decions with my brain. Or with my pussy. Or with my elbow.
I am the sovereign.
I rule undisputed and fuck the society who would say otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment